Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Releases - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will be on shelves in less than 7 hours.  Are you ready?  Once I get a 3DS, this will likely be the first game I get for it.  I remember playing the original N64 version many years ago (although it was still years after it was first released)... I was completely enthralled by the game's atmosphere, as well as pretty much everything else.  Unfortunately, I had to look up online guides for pretty much every dungeon, as there were countless occasions during which I had no idea what to do; I was new to the Legend of Zelda series at the time, and I was pretty young.  Because I used a guide to complete virtually the entire game (I know, I know, sorry), I don't remember much of the game.  Therefore, when I get the new 3DS version, I will never, NEVER touch a guide or use external help of any sort.  I intend to get the experience that the game was made to give.  I've also never played the Master Quest version, which is essentially a harder version of the game.

By the way, that's included in this 3DS version!  Ocarina of Time 3D includes both the original game and the Master Quest version, meaning that players will be busy for quite a while.  Nothing can top the sheer quality of magic that accompanies every Legend of Zelda game, and the remake of what most critics hail as the greatest game of the series will be no exception.

It's already got a Metascore of 94:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d

If you never played the original, and you have a 3DS, then you have no excuse.  The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is one of the best video games ever made, and whatever remake it gets will undoubtedly demand attention.  I recommend it very, VERY highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment