Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daily Video Game Deals, #11 - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

It's always the PC deals that are cheap; the console versions of this game are still running for $40.  Web of Shadows is a Spider-Man game I've never played myself, but would like to.  Critical reception of this game was mixed; reviewers disliked the story in general, the mission structure, the voice acting, and Peter Parker's personality, but the combat system was pointed to as one of the best in any Spider-Man game; this is from what I gathered, anyway.  The PC version of the game holds a 52 on Metacritic, but has 4/5 on Amazon.  I don't know... play at your own risk, I guess.

The sad part about this is that Shaba Games, a developer of Web of Shadows (Treyarch apparently chipped in as well), was closed by Activision in 2009, so they'll never get a chance to take their combat system and try to build a great game around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment