Monday, June 6, 2011

Is This A Red Dead Redemption Sequel?

For a brief second, a man in a cowboy hat was shown in a trailer at the beginning of the conference with a wide variety of video game clips in it.  If you go on Gamespot's site to watch the conference (http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/), this moment is at approximately 3:08.  Here are some screenshots I took with my computer:




The only game to employ a Western theme so far at E3 has been Starhawk, but the character models looked futuristic, and different from this man.  That leads me to believe that the above images are from one of the secret sequels (see: http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html) that are supposed to be announced over the coming days of E3.

I don't have any idea whether this could be a sequel to RDR or not; I mean, Rockstar has quite a bit on their plate right now with Agent, and the next Grant Theft Auto game undoubtedly deep into development.  I don't even now whether I want a sequel, and Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game of all time.  I just don't think anything can follow it.

But... that trailer in the first screenshot does look like a 70s trailer; could this game be Agent?

This game is a Red Dead Redemption sequel, Agent, or neither of those.  I look forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment