Sunday, June 12, 2011

Daily Video Game Deals, #1 - The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

The Witcher is a game that I wish I could play.  I bought it a few weeks ago, but only got through the first hour of the game before I realized that it was running to slowly, and I didn't want to ruin my experience by playing through the entire game with a low frame-rate.  Anyway, the game is now available for direct download on Amazon for $10; that's pretty good, considering the Enhanced Edition is actually the updated version.  The one on the page is also actually the Director's Cut version; there was some mature content removed for North American audiences, and the Director's Cut patch puts it right back in the game.  If you've been wondering about The Witcher 2 but wanted to find the first one for cheap first, this is a good time.  Here it is:














However, I'm not sure if that comes with a manual or a map, as it is a digital download.  The manual, by the way, contains no gameplay help at all, but rather is actually a kind of walkthrough for the story.  It's pretty cool.  Anyway, I actually bought my copy from Gamestop for $13, and its a physical box, so if you want that instead, it's here:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-witcher-enhanced-edition/71511

I went to the actual store to buy it; I didn't buy it online.

Be warned, however, that if you have a computer with integrated graphics this game will not run well.  I learned this the hard way; my laptop has 4GB RAM, an i3 processor with 2.53 GHz (rated at 4.5 GHz), and a hell of a lot of free hard disk space.  However, it only has 128 MB RAM dedicated to graphics, and this is simply not good for modern games.  Check your computer thoroughly before you attempt to play The Witcher, as even though it is almost four years old, it is quite a demanding game.

No comments:

Post a Comment